Monday, October 15, 2012

A Weekend of Celebrations

We've been doing a lot of celebrating around here. It seems that all of our friends are either getting married or having babies. Which means that nearly all of our weekends these past few months have involved some sort of shower, bachelor/bachelorette party, wedding, birth, etc.

Well, this weekend might have broken a record for us.

I woke up on Saturday to a text from my best friend from high school, Amy, saying she was in the hospital in labor! That morning, one of my best friends from college, Jen, was having a baby shower. That evening, one of Derek's best childhood friends, Jordan, was getting married. Then on Sunday, we had a bridal shower for another great friend, Laura. After I got home from Laura's shower on Sunday, I got a text from Amy's husband with a picture of their new sweet baby girl. Yup, she was in the labor the entire time I was at 2 showers and a wedding.

It was a crazy weekend (I also managed to squeeze a garage sale, church and church small group in there as well) but I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate these wonderful events of our friends' lives. I even managed to take a couple of photos.

You can see more about Jen's shower here. And below are a few pics I took.


I love the pink and navy bicycle theme - the decorations were so cute.

Jen's aunt from Germany knit here this little sweater and these baby booties. Amazing.

UK booties - are you kidding me? I can't stand it!

Unfortunately I had to leave Jen's shower a little early so we could head up to Columbus, Indiana for Jordan's wedding. The ceremony was at Irwin Gardens downtown, and was a gorgeous venue.


They had a typewrite that guests could use to leave notes. So fun! Our letter was full of typos!

This is an Italian tradition we had at our wedding too - the cookie table! Unfortunately I have no self control and ended up not feeling so hot after eating too many cookies.

They had a dollar dance with the groom and Derek was of course the first person to get in on that action.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures at Laura's shower. But that doesn't mean I love her any less, I was just pretty worn out by that point. But it was lots of fun, and we can't wait for her and Alex to tie the knot in a couple of weeks!

And finally, here is sweet little baby Hannah!  I cannot wait to meet this little one!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the UK booties! I can't believe how busy your weekend was, that was like baby/wedding overload!